the influence of your lifestyle and environment on hormones
If you are in perimenopause or menopause, do not worry, it is a natural process; we are not sick, we just have to accept and embrace the natural process our body goes through.
The problem comes when we have an imbalance, caused mainly by our lifestyle and our environment. These factors include diet, stress, exercise, environmental toxins, all of which influence our hormonal function. So, let’s take advantage of this stage to pay attention to all the factors that are causing an imbalance, not only in our hormones, but in our lives.
The influence of diet on our hormones is enormous, it can create an imbalance or restore their optimal function. But not only that, stress, what we think and what we feel has a huge impact on our body.
Some tips to include in our daily life
- Menopause or perimenopause is something natural, you are not sick, embrace the natural process your body goes through, do not be afraid or reject it.
- My favorite ingredient to add daily is maca powder, which helps balance our hormones and adds a delicious flavor to drinks and desserts.
- Take probiotics, especially Saccharomyces Boulardii. Remember that our health depends on our intestine and the balance between the bacteria that live there. We are more bacteria than ourselves.
- Add more fiber to your diet, lots of leafy greens and seeds such as sesame which, in addition to providing fiber and calcium, is rich in lignans that could help reduce the symptoms of menopause.
- Take vitamin D3 supplements and daily sun exposure. When our vitamin D3 levels are low, hot flashes can increase.
- Review the quantity and quality of protein you consume. Remember that we need to increase our muscle mass, which declines over the years, and for that we need good protein and exercise, which is not only important for our physical health but also for our mental health.
- Grass-fed and grass-finished meats have a higher amount of omega 3 compared to conventional meat. Also, it is always good to supplement with organ capsules.
- Add bone broth to your diet, remember that collagen reduces over the years and with hormonal changes. You can make broth in large quantities and freeze it to always have it on hand. You can also take it as a powder supplement by adding it to your drinks like coffee, matcha or your smoothies.
- Don’t be afraid of fats, good fats are essential in a healthy diet. Avocado, coconut oil, MCT oil, nuts, seeds, olives, olive oil, dark chocolate (the real one, not the one that comes loaded with additives and processed sugars), etc.
- Consume seaweed a couple of times a week, kombu seaweed, for example, has high concentrations of magnesium, which is a powerful relaxing mineral that can help you improve sleep and reduce stress. You can also sprinkle kelp granules on your meals.
- Includes meditation as a daily practice. It helps us reduce stress and keep our mind focused on positive things. Meditation can not only lead us to a state of relaxation and happiness, it can also alter our biology, scientific studies show.